Travel Tips: I've got some baggage

Tuesday, November 20, 2018


Over the past three years I have traveled more then ever which seems strange since all of this happened when I got pregnant. Before we moved back to Texas, I was traveling with my baby alone about once every two months for about 18 months. Including oversees to Switzerland twice, California, Massachusetts, Philadelphia, Washington DC and multiple trips back and forth from Washington State to Texas.

My parents travel a ton and are lifetime lovers of Tumi Luggage and don't get me wrong, I love me some Tumi luggage too. In fact my favorite cosmetic travel case that I use all the time is the Tumi Voyageur Madina Cosmetic Pouch,  LOVE it so much! Worth the price but to be fair I purchased mine on sale at the Tumi store. I bought it in a color I wasn't crazy about but I didn't really care about the color over the sale price. Typically the classic colors like black don't go on sale but the light blue and eggplant ones do. Keep an eye out over the holidays, I bet they will go on sale again.

For my budget purposes, I end up sticking with travel accessories and small bags from Tumi. Love their backpacks and would also suggest you could use your Tumi backpack as a great diaper bag too! Even better is they monogram all your purchases for free right in store. 

Thanks to Instagram advertising or other bloggers I found my new favorite luggage brand....  

AWAY Luggage

Shown: The Large and The Carry-On

I have had the LARGE size for about two years and it has held up really well! Love how much I can get into it. It is also incredibly light on its own. Making it great to back your heavy boots, baby diapers, and toys. Other suitcases I have had end up being way too heavy and over the limit when I have backed all the baby necessities in it on top of shoes and cosmetic cases.  So this suitcase was a win for us!

http://fbuy.me/k0nHh

Then I decided to get the smaller CARRY-ON size. Which is small but comes with the best accessory you can have while traveling.... An ejectable battery with USB and other ports. Fits both our Apple products and Amazon Fire tablets.  The ejectable battery sometimes freaks out the TSA and Flight attendants so depending on the person, I have had to either show them I can take the battery out or take it completely out and keep it with my purse under the seat. One flight attendant wouldn't let me put it in the overhead carry on. Their website says the following for more info....  "Ejectable battery is compliant with all airline policies, TSA-approved, and safe to fly." 

http://fbuy.me/k0nHh

This is the interior of the Carry-on suitcase but the larger one looks identical but obviously larger.  I roll all my clothes to avoid wrinkles, rolling really decreases wrinkles on all my clothes and frees up space. Then love that I can dump diapers, shoes, socks other floating around stuff on the other side and use the zip so it doesn't move around.  And they provide a little folded up dirty bag pouch in the side to use.




http://fbuy.me/k0nHh

Love that it was pretty inexpensive to add the custom monogram. You can choose your font style and colors. Making it super easy to spot in baggage claim. Then to top it all off is the TSA approved lock code and Key lock.


Most of the marks that happen on the outside will just wipe away easily. I just honestly haven't done that here so you can so the actual wear and tear on bag which isn't much at all.


Personally think they are a great buy for under $300 for the large !

Click here to Shop The Away Luggage


SHOP THE POST:

 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS