Designer 411: AUDEN Jewelry

Thursday, November 29, 2012

On my recent trip to New York, I spent one day shopping up and down 5th avenue. I started the shopping day at Henri Bendel (my friend text me that they were having a sale, thanks Lauren!). The store was insanely packed and a bit overwhelming, even for me. I hurriedly got up to the second floor which was almost impossible to get to because I had to go through the cosmetic section and those sales people are seriously pushy. One woman told me she could help me with my skin. I am not sure if that tactic works for people but for me it just made me want to punch her out!

I did a quick spin around the second floor and immediately locked eyes on a jewelry collection, AUDEN Jewelry. I loved every piece that was on display and was even more thrilled to meet one of the designer, Steven Gordon, who helped me decide on the these gorgeous earrings (shown below). Such a fun way to shop, when you get to purchase the item from the designer and hear the story first hand of how the line came together.


AUDEN Jewelry


Designer Bryce Casteneda and CEO Steven Gordon started AUDEN in 2010 ***. All the jewelry is handmade in New York by self-taught Bryce Casteneda**. They got their big break when L.A.'s Fred Segal picked up the line and Rihanna came in and bought just about everything, since then the line quickly gained attention and is now sold in New York's Henry Bendel store. The jewelry has been featured in many magazines, tv shows like Gossip Girl **.  The gather inspiration for their line from tribeswomen, space and architecture*. The jewelry is a beautiful blend of masculine and feminine, art deco and glamour.  Prices range from $100- $1,300

My favorites











Hayden Drop Earrings | AUDEN Jewelry





Solaris Cuff | AUDEN Jewelry





Devon Earrings | AUDEN Jewelry




Celebrity Clients:


Rihanna, Blake Lively, Kim Cattrall, Paula Abdul, The Kardashians, Shakira, Kelly Clarkson and more....

Where to buy:


Shopbop.com, Henri Bedel in NYC, Fred Segal and Elyse Walker in LA, AUDEN Jewelry online store

Information for this blog entry was gathered from...


* Hudson, Kate Davidson. (March 30, 2012). "Accessories News: Auden Jewelry". ELLE 2012 Hearst Communication, Inc. Retrieved November 24, 2012. http://www.elle.com/news/fashion-accessories/accessories-news-auden-jewelry-864

** Moore, Booth. (November 29, 2911). "Hollywood's favorite new jewelry line, Auden". Los Angeles Times 2012. Retrieved November 24, 2012. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/alltherage/2011/11/auden-the-new-jewelry-line-that-has-hollywood-going-crazy.html

*** About Page. Auden Design. Retrieved November 24, 2012. www.audendesign.com/about/

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS