The Glove Effect

Friday, January 16, 2015

Whether it's one glove, white gloves or gloves that may or may not fit, their certainly seems to be a a strong reaction by all when gloves are involved. 

The Glove Effect

Case and point Amal Alamuddin (aka Mrs. George Clooney) at the Golden Globes this past Sunday. I don't think you can have a conversation about the Globes without someone mentioning the newlyweds on the red carpet, how incredibly hot the room must have been since everyone was glowing in the bad way, and Amal's white gloves. Someone even started a twitter page for the white gloves @msclooneygloves

Amal Clooney dressed in Dior Haute Couture and her own "Bespoke" 
(as in she apparently sewed them herself-which really makes me think damn this woman can clearly do everything and anything!) white gloves.


So did you hate it or love it? The internet is buzzing with both sides of the spectrum. But I personally think that it was a statement she made for a completely different reason then for fashion. 

The gloves to me said, I am literally keeping a barrier between you celebrities and me. The line has been crossed, I mean she is a human-rights lawyer who practices in England & NY. (Funny buzzfeed List) She is a smart woman, clearly she knew the gloves would be a statement and it read as "do not involve me in your silly award dinner (with no actual dinner served),  I don't want to get my hands dirty with the likes of you all." Of course in a very polite and classy way! 

Classy woman obviously pass judgement in gloves, lol! 

First thing on my to do list today is... go buy some white gloves (or better yet learn how to sew some)

The Glove Effect... coming to a stuffy party (gala) in your near future, just you watch!

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS