Oscar Night's Red Carpet Best & Worst

Monday, March 3, 2014

Pale Pastels


Kerry Washington in Jason Wu


I like the shape of the dress and idea of this look but the colors are all wrong! This purple hue is washing her out and then the lipstick color makes it worse. She's pregnant and glowing but you wouldn't know with these colors. But seriously she is 3 weeks from her due date and you can tell she is feeling fabulous!

011m

Lupita Nyong'o in Prada


This color is great on her, she looks stunning but I want to take that headband off so bad!!! I really go back and forth with this dress, I feel like it would have been better on the Golden Globes red carpet but it is still gorgeous!

005m

Penelope Cruz in Giambattista Valli


I'm not in love with this dress on her but she is beyond beautiful! It feels like she is trying to cover up a pregnancy.

022m


Structure & Peplums


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture


The color is so great on her and I like that it is sophisticated and classic. I also have a major girl crush on her and not sure if she will ever do wrong! {MY BEST}

023m

Amy Adams in Gucci Premiere


I LOVED this and totally thought she dressed to win. I do like the earrings too they add some fun to a very classic and timeless look. She has done the princess look a lot and then recently a lot of 70's American Hustle style inspired, so this outside of her realm and I like it.  {MY BEST}

004m


The Dark Knights


Julia Roberts in Givenchy


Oh Julia! Better than the Globes but its still not right... not at all. Some how you have managed to make Givenchy look average. How did this not get tailored for you? But you are always gorgeous and all smiles. {THE WORST}

016m

Sandra Bullock in Alexander McQueen


She looks timeless, beautiful, and a bit safe.

057m

Emma Watson in Vera Wang


When I saw this on E! red carpet coverage I did not like it but it seems to photograph better than it looked on my tv screen. So I don't love it nor do I hate it, I just was expecting something more from her.

054m

Karen O in Camilla Staerk


I don't know who this is or what movie she was in but she looks FABULOUS. So glam! Everything is working right {My BEST}

012m

Anna Kendrick in J.Mendel


I was shocked when I saw this was J.Mendel. Its just has so much going on ... Sheer, rouching, beading, high slit, too much! Its like this dress couldn't leave anything out. But I did like the back of the dress.

28082fee94b58d19616410bf139e630c

Charlize Theron in Dior Haute Couture


I just don't like it. It doesn't look like it fits her body properly, the fabric in the middle is pulling. And the boobs!... no no not good.

013m

Glenn Close in Zac Posen


She looks fabulous in this dress! Bravo!

045m


Anne Hathaway in Gucci


I love this dress and when she was on stage she literally sparkled! Sleek and Gorgeous! {My BEST}

014m

Sochi on Ice continues


The red carpet was a bit over embellished last night, so many sparkles it felt like the continuation of Sochi...

Jessica Biel in Chanel


The dress is gorgeous, she is simply gorgeous but she always looks the same and the dresses are wearing her.

009m

Sally Hawkins in Valentino


The dress is great for someone else, that is much taller .... the hair is terrible! Really Really Terrible.

049m

Naomi Watts in Calvin Klein Collection


I love everything but the necklace, remove the necklace and it would be great! And the lipstick should be darker or lighter but not this color.

007m

Giuliana Rancic in Paola Sebastian


WTF! Really you should not be allowed to be a fashion critique when this is your choice. This is a dress for a 6 year old or a Disney princess... I hate to be the one to break it to you but you are neither. I was wondering why you weren't reporting from the actual red carpet but now I can see why, it's because of this dress. I feel bad saying that because I do love her but this dress is just NO! {MY WORST}

4f8cce99df194f91116b4badf961a3a7

Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive


She is in another category! She is always fabulous and dressed to perfection. She dresses for fashion and art. Gorgeous! The Katherine Hepburn of today!

010m

Kate Hudson in Atelier Versace


Winner of the evening in my opinion! Wow! She killed it! Speechless!  {MY BEST}

017m

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS