Time to BE and Dress Awesome? Yes!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

In three days I am turning 30... ahhhh! What does that mean, really I don't know but as much as I feel like I have focused (in my younger years) on the dreaded thirty, the closer I get the more excited I am about it.

Of course that is after dealing with my expectations of where I thought I would be at 30, where I am, blah blah (insert more self-doubt) blah blah more. I came across this article online, Olivia Wilde's advice on turning 30, and thought it was just what I needed to hear (read) so I thought I would share it.
"I'm hitting a major milestone: 30, or as I like to call it, 
the Cut the Bullshit and Go Be Awesome stage."
- Olivia Wilde {Glamour.com}

So that being said, I wanted to share some things that you get to gain fashion wise with turning 30 and what you get to get ride of (or need to get ride of)!

NO MORE BABY DOLL DRESSES!


Unless you are at the beach, pregnant or are a rep for some alternative hipster clothing line, you need to get ride of the baby doll dresses. These dresses in everyday life are going to in fact make you look older!

If it looks like this.... Get ride of it!95000100 via Forever21



Splurge on underwear


I am not talking about lingerie, I am talking about quality underwear and quality is pricy! But you and I have earned it and deserve it! Go to Saks, Neiman's, if you live in Houston then La mode lingerie (west gray) and get properly fit for a bra. You will be surprised by the size and how if you spend a little more on the bra, you can find a bra that is more custom to fit you. Also, get the proper cleaning products for the bra, they will last longer and you will feel fabulous underneath your clothes too.

I have this La Perla bra and love it! It looks the same as when I first bought it and I to be honest I trade off between 2-3 bras really, so it's worth the higher price tag.

img-3


via Saks Fifth Avenue




Silk button down blouses


These should be your best friend, really at any age but if you have not Incorporated these into your wardrobe yet you should. They work for just about any style, occasion and are so easy!

Wear with....

Cut off shorts, or ripped jeans (a favorite outfit of mine and staple).

Leave top two buttons undone, wear sexy lace bra under (that slightly peeks out when you move), tuck shirt in or half-tuck into skinny pants, add heels and clutch and ready to go for a night out.

Button the shirt all the way, wear a statement necklace over  the shirt, add any kind of pencil skirt that hits right above the knew but below the definition of your thigh and you have a great work outfit.

I could keep going but I will stop there, I think you get the idea.

 

Some Red Sole Pumps


Every woman should either get her man to buy her a pair or EVEN BETTER BUY yourself a pair of Christian Louboutin Classic Point Pumps. They are timeless, beautiful and look fabulous on everyone and go with everything! Buy a pair in your perfect Nude color and in Black!

NMX1TPK_mx

via Neiman Marcus

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS