"official blazer season is October to June"

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A few of my friends and I back in our college days were completely obsessed with this mock-diary called, "The Life and times of Cash McMogulson". I honestly can't remember where it was posted online, I think maybe myspace, so that tells you how long ago it was but I found a link to one of my favorite entries from the endearing and oh so humble...  Cash McMogulson.

Well the line, "... official blazer season is October to June...", really stuck with me and  every year around "this time" it strangely comes up in a real conversation and I find myself quoting Cash (of course in my most snobby and irritating popped polo collar frat boy way, I mean that is how Cash would say it) and it cracks me up.

But McMogulson was right.....it's blazer season!

here are so great finds to get you started


 

Modern Tailoring Wide Lapel Blazer {$200} via Topshop US


17X11DWHT_normal


its a good style in between the over sized/boyfriend blazer and the shorter style AND the white is very on trend for FALL, Winter and great for Spring... Obviously all the way to June.




Stella McCartney Matilda Tuxedo Jacket via Matches


WOHATX820002BLU_1_large

For a sharp and sleek look and even hotter in two-tone.


 

Single Button Blazer {$89.90} via Zara


7764386801_6_1_1


Classic blazer but go with a dark heather gray instead of the typical black.


 

Rachel Zoe Chase Woven Boyfriend Blazer {$195} via Saks Fifth Avenue


0479450076604_396x528


With the Boyfriend blazer, I think it's best to go with a fun or more intensive neutral color. I actually have the blazer and LOVE it!



Stay tuned for my next blog with my Blazer Outfit Obsessions to show you how to wear each of these blazer styles.


 

 

 

DESIGNED BY ECLAIR DESIGNS